Share your lung cancer story!
Whether you are a lung cancer patient or survivor or your loved one or friend had lung cancer, you have a valuable experience that can be shared to help others. You can use the power of your own experiences to put a face to lung cancer, help raise awareness about the disease, and make others feel understood through shared experiences.
Sharing your story is easy with Storyvine!
Storyvine is an app that allows you to record videos about your personal experiences to share with family and friends or on social media. These videos help our community feel and stay connected. It’s a great way to demonstrate your passion for lung cancer advocacy and encourage others to get involved by amplifying our collective voices through stories.
With Storyvine it's easy to create a professional-looking video that tells YOUR story, YOUR way!
Creating Your Video
Storyvine is easy to use! These tips will help you record a high-quality video for sharing.
Register your email address through our signup form. You'll get an email in reply from Storyvine with special links to the app in the App Store and Google Play. NOTE: You must register your email address before downloading the app in order to use our customized LUNGevity templates.
Download the app and allow camera and microphone access.
Select the "My Lung Cancer Story" VideoGuide (template). You may see more than one VideoGuide, so be sure to select the one for this event. The VideoGuide includes a couple of prompts to help you decide what to say.
Read the video recording process and tips you received via email from Storyvine. These tips will guide you through filming your first video and answer any questions you may have.
Create your video!
- You record your video either selfie-style or by having someone else film you. If possible, having a friend record you is easier on you and will result in a higher-quality video.
- The app provides a silhouette outline on the screen. Try to position yourself roughly in this silhouette, but it’s okay if you are not exactly in the outline.
- After you record each video, you will have the option to (1) accept the recording by clicking “continue,” (2) re-record the video by clicking “re-take,” or (3) trim the recording by clicking “trim clip.” Review your video before you move to the next step to ensure it’s perfect. The full video you submit will be included in the final product, so if there is a long pause at the beginning or end, be sure to re-record or trim it.
- If you need a reminder of the prompt while you are recording, hit the small up arrow to the left of the gray bar at the bottom of the screen. This will be helpful while you are recording the media release.
- Be sure to keep the app open until the upload says “Finished.” This could take anywhere from seconds to minutes depending on your internet speed.
- It will take about 10-15 minutes to receive your final, branded video via email. Once you receive it, feel free to forward it to friends and family or share on your social media channels. Don’t forget to tag LUNGevity!
Any questions? Contact Kayla Haskins, Communications and Online Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.