Your company is invited to join Breathe Deep TOGETHER!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Jerry & Rosemary Weinstock Fund of the Luzerne Foundation
With 1 in 17 Americans diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime, it’s likely that one of your employees has been personally affected by the disease. Creating a corporate team is a great way to show support for your colleagues while advancing LUNGevity’s mission to create a world where no one dies of lung cancer.
What is a corporate team?
A corporate team is made up of employees who come together to raise awareness and funds for lung cancer research, education, and support. By registering your company as a corporate team, you will have the ability to create multiple teams under your corporate team umbrella. This is a great option for groups or businesses with different locations, departments, or divisions that are looking for some friendly competition. It’s also a great opportunity for companies within the same industry to compete for bragging rights!
Why should I start a corporate team?
There are many benefits to creating a corporate team, including:
- Camaraderie: A corporate team is a fun way to build camaraderie in your office and boost employee morale.
- Networking: Building a corporate team encourages employees to meet their peers from other departments/divisions.
- Leadership skills: Employees can volunteer to serve as corporate team captains.
- Health and wellness: Corporate teams promote a healthy lifestyle by encouraging employees to participate in physical activity.
- Philanthropy: Fundraising with a corporate team is a great way to give back to your local community and support employees who are affected by lung cancer
How do I create a corporate team?
Contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your company page started! Once you are up and running, you will be able to create as many company teams as you’d like!
What do I need to get started?
You need at least one designated person to sign up as a team captain. The team captain should set up the team fundraising page, recruit team members, and keep everyone excited and motivated!
Can my company sponsor?
Yes definitely! We have sponsorship opportunities at all levels and would love to talk with you about the best fit for your current objectives. Contact Heather at email@example.com to learn more.
Looking for some inspiration? Try our FUNdraising ideas to engage your entire company!
- Nominate colleagues from different departments (or different branches, if your company has multiple locations) to register as team captains and start their own teams under the company umbrella. Then compete for bragging rights!
- Challenge your competitors within your industry to register for Breathe Deep TOGETHER and start their own corporate teams. Make it an industry-wide competition and see who comes out on top!
- Reward top individual fundraisers and teams within your company with special incentives, e.g., a matching gift opportunity, extra “vacation” time, online recognition ceremony, etc. Real-life example: Mirati Therapeutics CEO Charles Baum challenged his employees to raise $25,000 for 2020 Breathe Deep TOGETHER. If they met their goal, he would make a personal match of $25,000. They succeeded and raised nearly $60,000 as a team!
- In 2021, Wawa had 10 different store locations participate and compete against each other to see which store could raise the most. Leading up to walk morning, they hosted a raffle to rally their employees – in total they raised over $10,000!
Get The Word Out